Saturday, May 12, 2007

"Liberal"CBS fires Gen. Batise over vote vets ad

The Raw Story CBS fires consultant Gen. Batiste over VoteVets ad; 'We went to war with a fatally flawed strategy' CBS fires consultant Gen. Batiste over VoteVets ad; 'We went to war with a fatally flawed strategy' Mike SheehanPublished: Friday May 11, 2007 Retired Army Major Gen. John Batiste has been asked to leave his position as a consultant to CBS News over a new advertisement criticizing the Iraq war. The ad was produced by the group VoteVets. Appearing on MSNBC's Countdown, Batiste, former First Infantry Division commander, tells host Keith Olbermann in the video clip below, "I'm no longer wearing the uniform of our country; I have no ties to the defense industry; I can speak honestly, I have a duty to do so. And I know there [are] other generals both active duty and retired that are doing all they can within their means. In my case, I'll continue to speak out." After Olbermann asks Batiste about the war itself, the retired general says, "We went to war with a fatally flawed strategy ... This is all about a president who's relying almost solely on the military component of strategy to accomplish the mission in Iraq." "Sadly," he continues, "we're missing the diplomatic, the political, and the economic components that are fundamental and required to be successful."

No comments: