Thursday, August 30, 2007

Craig arrest caught on police audio tape

An audio recording of Sen. Larry Craig's arrest has been released by the Minneapolis Police Department, MSNBC reports. In the recording, Craig discusses details of the arrest with Investigative Sgt. Dave Karsnia, saying that he may have touched the officer's foot while they were in adjacent bathroom stalls. "You said our feet bumped. I believe they did," Craig is heard to say."The next thing I knew, under the bathroom divider comes a card that says 'Police." "I tend to spread my legs when I lower my pants," the senator added. "You are sitting here lying to a police officer," Karsnia responds on the tape. "People vote for you. Unbelievable." The following video is from MSNBC's News Live, broadcast on August 30. Audio begins at 1:30.

No comments: