Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Shocking news: Ann Coulter said something stupid

On Hannity & Colmes, Coulter vowed to fight Clinton because "I do not want to be fitted for a burqa" Summary: On the October 8 edition of Fox News' Hannity & Colmes, right-wing pundit Ann Coulter told co-host Sean Hannity, "I do not want to be fitted for a burqa, so I will join you in fighting President Hillary Clinton." Coulter's comment came after Hannity, referring to the leading Republican 2008 presidential candidates, asserted: "You know what? On the defining issue of our time, all of them have taken a strong position on terrorism," adding, "If we don't have a country because the country's been blown up by people who want to kill us, that's an important campaign issue." Later during the segment, co-host Alan Colmes told Coulter that "if Hillary's elected, we're not going to be wearing burqas, OK? I don't think that's going to happen." Media Matters for America noted that an October 2 New York Observer blog post featuring excerpts of an interview with Coulter quoted her as saying: "If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat [sic] president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women." From the October 8 edition of Fox News' Hannity & Colmes: HANNITY: Before I get to [Samuel "Sandy"] Berger [former national security adviser to President Clinton], so you don't like Fred. You don't like Rudy. You sort of like Mitt. You don't like McCain. If the Republicans split, doesn't she win? COULTER: Well, as my family used to say, let's burn that bridge when we get to it. Right now, it's probably going to be Giuliani or Romney, and I'd rather not have to defend someone who had a sanctuary city and supports -- HANNITY: Why don't you like Fred Thompson? I like Fred Thompson. I like Mitt. I like Rudy. I like -- COULTER: You're easy. HANNITY: I'm not easy. You know what? On the defining issue of our time, all of them have taken a strong position on terrorism, and I believe all of them will -- you know what? We want to have all these debates? If we don't have a country because the country's been blown up by people who want to kill us, that's an important campaign issue. COULTER: Yes, and I do not want to be fitted for a burqa, so I will join you in fighting President Hillary Clinton. [...] COLMES: He's [Berger] not advising the Clinton camp -- by the way, if Hillary's elected, we're not going to be wearing burqas, OK? I don't think that's going to happen. He is not advising -- COULTER: That was 10 minutes ago. COLMES: -- he's not advising the Clinton campaign.

No comments: