Friday, April 18, 2008

Air Obama radio?

Air America - All Obama, All The Time? I stopped listening to Air America quite awhile back. All the shouting and yelling in between the commercials was tiresome and irritating. But today I had a long car trip and tuned in to see what I'd been missing out on. What I heard wasn't very pretty. It seems that Ed Schultz is furious, just furious, that people would misconstrue Barack's "bitter" comment and he took every opportunity to lecture any caller who tried to explain why it was offensive just exactly what Obama really meant. Geez. For the world's greatest orator, he sure has a lot of people 'splaining what it was that he really meant. It didn't take long for Ed's ridiculous Obamamania and Clinton-hating to get old. Later in the afternoon I got brave enough to switch it back on and heard a high-larious comedy bit about how "Joe Six Pack" would just love the new White House with Hillary the party animal there. (See, she had a shot and a beer at a bar in PA.) Yee-haw!!! Talk about the exact example of what Ed was arguing against! Only Joe Six Packs and rednecks would vote for Hillary. I tuned out to listen to music for awhile and when I switched back Richard Belzer and his sidekick were going on about how outraged "people" were at Hillary's attack against Obama as "elitist". Then Richard's quote blew me away. It was something to the effect that he couldn't believe how different these two candidates were; one was unflappable and the other was "shrill". Damn! I wish I had better cell phone coverage there because I was tempted to call in and congratulate him on turning the tables and calling his Messiah "shrill". He couldn't possibly be referring to Senator Clinton in such sexist terms could he?? Right... Hey Ed and Richard - Here's a nice t-shirt you guys might like.
Where Ed Schultz in this pic? Like Randi he claimed he had no dog in the fight, yet his show is becoming an three hour ad for Barack Obama.

No comments: