Thursday, March 26, 2009

MSNBC’s Contessa Brewer to House GOP: ‘What are your ideas? … Give me some substance!’

From Think Progress by Ali Frick

Today, MSNBC cut away from its live coverage of President Obama’s web town hall to cover the House Republican press conference on its alternative budget. This afternoon, MSNBC’s Contessa Brewer expressed her exasperation that the GOP still had not offered any real, specific plans. “Give me some substance!” she proclaimed:

BREWER: Here’s the thing. They say, We have a plan — and proceeded not to tell us what that plan is. They sent us some paperwork. It’s got no numbers attached. I understand, it takes time to do math. I would be content even doing without the numbers. I’m just saying, What are your ideas? You have my attention. We cut away from the president. Give me some substance!

MSNBC’s congressional correspondent Mike Viqueira said that the GOP website promised a “detailed plan.” “I guess details are in the eye of the beholder, but I don’t think most people would call this a detailed plan at this point,” he said. Watch it:

The Wonk Room’s Pat Garofalo takes a close look at the House GOP’s “plan.” It calls for undoing the recently-passed stimulus package and cutting taxes for the rich

No comments: