Friday, April 24, 2009

Hannity Offers To Be Waterboarded For Charity (By Charles Grodin!)

From Huffy Post and byJason Linkins

Oh, well. This is, I believe, a "golden moment" in the history of televised media. Sean Hannity had actor Charles Grodin on his show tonight, and the two men actually had some genuinely good natured sparring with each other over the news of the week. Hannity asked Grodin if he'd ever accept a book from Hugo Chavez or listen to a speech by a "brutal thug murdering dictator like Daniel Ortega." Grodin's respective ripostes were "I'd hand him my book!" and "I'd listen to anybody. I'm listening to you." Grodin then went on to ask Hannity if he was wearing mascara and if he had any plans to marry Ann Coulter. But that's not the fun part! This is the fun part:

GRODIN: You're for torture.

HANNITY: I am for enhanced interrogation.

GRODIN: You don't believe it's torture. Have you ever been waterboarded?

HANNITY: No, but Ollie North has.

GRODIN: Would you consent to be waterboarded? We can waterboard you?

HANNITY: Sure.

GRODIN: Are you busy on Sunday?

HANNITY: I'll do it for charity. I'll let you do it. I'll do it for the troops' families.

Obviously, this has to happen. For the troops, I mean! Not merely for my amusement! And, look, if Sean Hannity agrees to this, then props to him. That takes real guts. I mean, you don't see me letting people waterboard me, for anything. Mainly because waterboarding is crazy, terrifying and sadistic! But the salient point is this: In a world gone mad, can you really afford to NOT give money to the troops, if it means that Sean Hannity gets waterboarded by the star of the Great Muppet Caper? We truly are the change we've been waiting for.

(Oh, and later, Grodin called Hannity a fascist and repeatedly asked him what branch of the military he served in, the end.)

[WATCH.]

No comments: