Monday, December 14, 2009

Radio hosts celebrate holidays with tune about disease-spreading ‘illegals’

By Daniel Tencer For years American conservatives have been raising the alarm about a secular "war on Christmas" being fought against Yuletide traditions every December. But this year, two radio personalities with the radio network that syndicates conservative talking heads Laura Ingraham and Michael Savage have decided to turn the guns of the war on Christmas on another target: Illegal immigrants.

Duo Matt Fox and A.J. Rice have released "Illegals In My Yard," a spoof of the Christmas staple "Feliz Navidad" that portrays undocumented immigrants as disease-spreading criminals who drive drunk -- but do all of the crooner's housework.

"Illegals in my yard ... sixteen arrive in a stolen car," goes one line in the song. Another refrain exclaims: "They're gonna spread bubonic plague this Christmas / They're gonna bring me lots of bed bugs this Christmas / They're gonna pass tuberculosis this Christmas / Those illegals in my yard."

The song quickly made its way to the Human Events Web site ("Headquarters of the conservative underground") where commenters' reaction has been mixed.

"This is brilliant!" exclaims "david" from New York City

"And then you wonder why people fly planes into your buildings," retorts commenter "Jesus."

"Have you been looking for the perfect way to spread some holiday racism, wishing that someone would create an offensive right-wing novelty tune set to the melody from 'Feliz Navidad' that traffics in bigoted stereotypes?" asks blogger Kyle at Right Wing Watch, who first reported on the song. "Well, then you are in luck, thanks to this masterpiece from The Fox and Rice Experience."

Fox and Rice work for Talk Radio Network, which syndicates conservative commentators Laura Ingraham and Michael Savage, as well as Dr. Laura, Mancow and others.

MCL comments: I don't blame you if you don't want to read or hear this crap these right wing ass hats put together.. And right wingers wonder why I hate them.

Listen to the song below. The lyrics are as follows:

(To the tune of "Feliz Navidad")

Illegals in my yard (x3) Throw some pesos and they work so hard

Illegals in my yard (x3) I don't even ask if they got Green Card

They're gonna pave up my driveway this Christmas They're gonna clean all my cars this Christmas They're gonna shovel all the snow this Christmas Those illegals in my yard

They're gonna dig me a pool this Christmas They're gonna landscape my lawn this Christmas They're gonna cook me up some tacos this Christmas Those illegals in my yard

Illegals in my yard (x3) Sixteen arrive in a stolen car

Illegals in my yard (x3) When they're not workin they sit at the bar

They're gonna drink some cervezas this Christmas They're gonna shoot some tequila this Christmas They're gonna get DUIs this Christmas Those illegals in my yard

They're getting free organ transplants this Christmas They're gonna have anchor babies this Christmas They're gonna scream "Si, se puede!" this Christmas Those illegals in my yard

Illegals in my yard (x3) One at a time run past those border guards

Illegals in my yard (x3) Hugo Chavez sends his kind regards

They're gonna tackle Pat Buchanan this Christmas They're gonna chase down Lou Dobbs this Christmas They're gonna join up with La Raza this Christmas Those illegals in my yard

They're gonna spread bubonic plague this Christmas They're gonna bring me lots of bed bug this Christmas They're gonna pass tuberculosis this Christmas Those illegals in my yard

No comments: