Thursday, February 11, 2010

Texas Tea Party candidate: ‘There are some very good arguments’ that government was involved in 9/11.

By Alex Seitz-Wald Debra Medina, a nurse and Tea Party activist running for the Republican nomination for governor in Texas, has had a recent surge in popularity thanks to heavy promotion by the Tea Party movement. She is even further to the right than current Gov. Rick Perry (R) and has spoken at pro-secession rallies, saying “we are aware that stepping off into secession may indeed be a bloody war.” Today on Fox News host Glenn Beck’s radio show, Medina took her right-wing lunacy to new heights:

BECK: Do you believe the government was any way involved with the bringing down of the World Trade Centers on 9/11?

MEDINA: I don’t, I don’t have all of the evidence there, Glenn. So I don’t I’m not in a place, I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard. There are some very good arguments, and I think the American people have not seen all of the evidence there. So I’ve not taken a position on that.

Listen here:

Beck immediately tried to distance himself from Medina. As soon as she hung up, he said, “I think I can write her off the list.” On his website, Beck said the “shocker” was “not good.” Medina herself walked back from the comments, writing on her website that she was “surprised” by the question and that “there is no doubt in my mind that Muslim terrorists flew planes into those buildings.” She added that the “real underlying question here, though, is whether or not people have the right to question our government.”

MCL comment: I voice some of my opinions about the tea party folks when they first popped up last spring, so I might be repeating myself here the vast majority of these folks are pissed that country elected a uppity negro as president. Another segment of the tea party klan are made up of nuts like this Medina person. It seems a person like Beck who likes to pass conspiracy theories as facts when it comes to President Barack Obama and other Democrats yet when it comes to a conspiracy theory about the George W. Bush White House Beck enacts quickly to squash it.

No comments: