Friday, June 17, 2011

Schultz mocks Beck’s ‘ugly divorce’ with Fox News


By David Edwards

MSNBC’s Ed Schultz responded Thursday after Fox News’ Glenn Beck called him a “piece of trash” on his radio show.
Beck had been upset with Schultz for reporting that the conservative host had appeared to point to a photo of President Barack Obama while telling his viewers to buy guns.
“This guy is such a piece of trash,” Beck said on his Thursday radio show. “Do you not know how camera angles work, Ed?”
“That is why I’m leaving television. There’s no honor in it. No one is honorable.”
“Glenn beck giving a lecture on honor is ridiculous,” Schultz said Thursday. “But if I had any part in getting Beck to leave television, I will wear it as a badge of honor.”
“He says there in that radio ad-lib that people have asked him why he’s leaving television. He uses me as the crutch, saying that there’s no honorable people in tv. I’ve never worked a day in my life with the guy. I’ve never had any association with him. What is he really saying about Fox?” the MSNBC host asked Media Matters Eric Boehlert.
“They are clearly — frayed that relationship,” Boehlert explained. “He is clearly out the door. They are subbing for him every chance they get. This is not a very friendly divorce that they’re having. But yeah, I think he’s talking about honor. You can read into that, he’s talking about some folks at Fox News.”
Watch this video from MSNBC’s The Ed Schultz Show, broadcast June 16, 2011.

No comments: