Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Santorum blames own racial remarks on ‘someone trying to cause trouble’


 By Andrew Jones/Raw Story

Rick Santorum felt Monday evening there’s too much being drawn from his recent controversial comments on African-Americans, so he blamed his words on someone else.
The GOP presidential candidate was asked by Fox News’ Sean Hannity to explain his eyebrow raising statement on Monday, when Santorum said, “I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them other people’s money.”
“I don’t single out on any group of people, that’s one thing I don’t do,” the former Pennsylvania Senator explained to Hannity. “I don’t divide people by group and race and class. I believe that in no people in this country. And I condemn all forms of racism. There’s no one that’s been out here working, as you know, in the inner city, and with people of all different races.”
Santorum added: “I condemn all forms of racism and there’s nobody who has done more as a Republican in the United States Senate to bring African-Americans into the party. Go ask J.C. Watts. Ask Michael Steele. I’ve worked with historically black colleges. I’ve done a ton of stuff. This is just someone trying to cause trouble.”
WATCH: Video from Fox News, which was broadcast on January 2, 2012.

No comments: