Monday, February 27, 2012

VIDEO: Mitt Romney’s Top 10 Out Of Touch Moments


By Jeff Spross and Alex Seitz-Wald/Think Progress

Mitt Romney just can’t help himself. Despite concerns about his ability to connect with average voters, Romney refers to his significant wealth with startling frequency. Three times in the last three days alone, Romney has issued statements that make him seem completely disconnected with normal Americans. This has been a problem for Romney since the beginning of the campaign, and may haunt him down the road if he just can’t shake the image of being “Mr. One-percent.” Here are Mitt Romney’s top 10 out of touch moments:
10. “I like those fancy raincoats you bought [to people wearing plastic ponchos]. Really sprung for the big bucks.’”
9. “I know what it’s like to worry about whether or not you are going to get fired. … There are times when I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.”
8. “Corporations are people, my friend.”
7. “Rick [Perry], I’ll tell you what: 10,000 bucks? $10,000 bet?”
6. “I get speaker’s fees from time to time, but not very much.” [$374,000]
5. “I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.“
4. “Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs.”
3. “I’m not concerned about the very poor. … We have a safety net there.”
2. “I’m also unemployed.”
1. “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.”
Watch them all here:

No comments: