Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Ed Schultz denies comparison with Rush Limbaugh over ‘slut’ remark


By Eric W. Dolan/Raw Story
On his show Monday night, MSNBC host Ed Schultz said that his own sexist remarks were not equal to those of conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh.
“When I made an inappropriate comment last year on my radio show, I took it to a much higher platform,” he said. “I went to management here at MSNBC and said I’ve made a mistake, I need to take myself off the air without pay. And while Limbaugh apologized on a website, I apologized on MSNBC, a much bigger platform.”
“President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Missouri on Sunday but you know what they’re talking about, like this right-wing slut, what’s her name?” Schultz asked on his radio program last year. “Laura Ingraham? Yeah, she’s a talk slut.”
During his apology on MSNBC, Schultz said he was “deeply sorry” for his terribly vile comment and asked Ingraham for her forgiveness.
“Once again the right wing is making a false comparison between myself and Rush Limbaugh,” Schultz said. “Rush’s statement said he sincerely apologized to Sandra Fluke. A sincere apology is unequivocal and accepts complete responsibly for the offense.”
Watch video, courtesy of MSNBC, below:

No comments: