Monday, September 24, 2012

Romney supporter in Texas defaces yard sign: ‘N*gger lover… Obama sucks d*ck’


By David Edwards/Raw Story
A Woman in Texas says that a person who appears to support Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney vandalized her pro-Obama yard sign with racist and vulgar language.
Cassy, a 34-year-old white business owner in McKinney, Texas, revealed on Friday that someone had covered her Obama yard sign with the message: “N*GGER LOVER — Obama Sucks Dick!”
The back side of the sign was covered with, “Romney & Ryan: Christian. White. Anti-Gay. Republicans Rule!”
“My next door neighbor rang my doorbell this morning and showed me my sign, which he had kindly removed from the ground,” Cassy told blogger Egberto Willies. “We have at least 4 African American families living on this street. I’m so offended, not just because whoever did this is ignorant and misinformed and trespassed and vandalized my sign, but infinitely more for my neighbors who might have driven by and seen it.”
“I support the President because he believes in all people, he prefers diplomacy to bombs, and he is part of the party of inclusion, not exclusion,” she explained. “I support him because he believes that food and medicine for our kids shouldn’t be put on the table for cuts before tax breaks for big corporations. I support him because he supports my right to determine what I do with my body and what my daughter someday chooses to do with hers.”
In a posting on her blog on Friday, Cassy also said that she had contact local police and was installing cameras in her yard.
“The [homeowner association] has been notified, and my sign is uncovered and back in my yard. I’m not afraid of you and your bigotry,” she advised the perpetrator, adding, “WHEN we catch you messing with our sign you will, quite appropriately be charged with the felony this is and smacked with the associated $2,000 fine.”
“I find it interesting that our little suburban city was just named the 2nd best place to live in America,” Cassy noted. “I suppose there should have been a caveat. ‘Best Place to Live If You’re A Bigoted White, Christian, Anti-Gay Person Who Doesn’t Support Our First African-American President And Hates Everyone Who Does.’ That was probably too long a title, though.”
NSFW photos of the vandalized yard sign are available at the Blue Chick in a Red Barn blog.
Update (12:15 p.m. ET): Cassy Zobel told Raw Story that her Obama yard sign was stolen on Sunday night. But this time, the suspect, who appears to be a white male in his 40s, was caught on video, she said.

No comments: