Thursday, April 12, 2018

Back to the future

Remember the past:

I have to be asleep for the last eight years because I was chilling, watching some college basketball and all of the sudden I see this Bill Schuette ad blaming Governor Jennifer Granholm for the current problems Michigan is dealing with. Now I admit I stink at math but the last time Granholm was office was 2010 so that means she hasn't been in office for the last eight years. Seriously I believe this ad was made in either 2009 or early 2010 because how the bluest of blue fucks can anyone look at that ad and go yeah he's right it's all Granholm's fault? Even the dumbest of the dumb Michigan Republican knows which party controlled everything Lansing for the last eight years. Not only you had Republican governor Rick Snyder AKA The One Failed Nerd he had a united racist as hell Republican majorities in both chambers of the state house. They pretty much-passed anything they wanted and the failed nerd rarely objected to anything. I get it Both Schuette and Calley are awful candidates

You got Bill Schuette the dude has no personality, he's one of the few people left in Michigan that will admit with a smile on their face they still support Donald Trump and he's pandering to bigots and morons for support. Then there's Brian Calley the right-hand man to the One failed nerd and if Nerd's legacy will be tied to the Flint water fuck up then his name should be too.

Remembering Tony Trupiano:
Monday the liberal community in Michigan learned Tony Trupiano passed away, the man provided a voice and a platform for us.  While I never met Tony face to face we talked quite a bit either email or a write into his show. I remember talking to Tony about starting a blog around either summer 2005 or early 2006 because I posted a lot on his forums when he had his OG show on 1310 before it became our short-lived progressive station. He told me I should and I joked with him about being a spinoff of his message board. I think one of the biggest reason I'm going to put max effort back into updating this blog because despite his health issues Tony was still fighting for what he believed in and if a man like that could still do what he could do while dealing what he dealt with then I have no excuse.

Tony didn't care about the size of the audience all he cared about was making sure at least one person is better informed and that's what I'm going to do. I don't care I reached 10 million people as long 10 people can use the stories and opinions I post then I'm good.

No comments: