Wednesday, December 09, 2009

O’Reilly: ‘We triple-check everything’ that goes on my show.

By Matt Corley

In an interview with TV Guide published on Monday, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly said that he was proud that he has “not had to retract a story in 13 years” on Fox News. Admitting that he had “made mistakes” on the air, O’Reilly said they were always corrected “quickly.” He attributed his lack of a retraction to the “brain room here at Fox” where they “triple-check everything.” Despite his claim of rigorous fact-checking, O’Reilly opened his show last night with the false claim that President Obama’s 47 percent approval rating released by Gallup on Monday was “the lowest number ever recorded for any president at this point in his term.” Watch it:

If O’Reilly and his staff had simply checked Gallup’s historical data, he would have seen that President Gerald Ford reached a 42 percent approval rating in a shorter period of time and President Bill Clinton reached a low of 37 percent six months into his first

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is that despite the enormous cliff dive of Obama's popularity, it's not the biggest cliff dive ever? There were two others whose dives were of even greater shocking and stupendous magnitude?

OK, I think I've got it.

ps - And don't you realize that as an Obama voter (assumption on my part) you were completely duped? Doesn't that get you miffed even a little?

Motor City Liberal Returns said...

I wouldn't get excited your party still can't find someone worth a damn to beat the guy. I would be concerned that less than 20% of Americans call themselves republicans.

Anonymous said...

not my party. I didn't vote in the GE. They're all crooks. But you avoided my question. Aren't you miffed that Obama is a poseur?

Motor City Liberal Returns said...

I didn't think President Obama is a super progressive he's hard-core supporters made him out to be. He was a center-left that tends to move in the middle on issue I knew what I was getting when I voted for the dude. My only two complaints about the guy is that he's trying to appeal to people that wants him to fail and he's taking bad advice from DLCer Rham.

The problem here is I believe his supporters think he has given up their vision by not being more forceful so they given up to a degree. I don't count Republicans in this poll they would be against President Obama regardless what he has done.

Anonymous said...

Johnny C - I don't disagree with your general assessment. Except that there are moderate Republicans out there who want Obama to succeed. The minority to be sure, but be careful to paint with such a wide brush.

Motor City Liberal Returns said...

Overall most sane people wants President Obama to succeed it's the fringe of the republican party