Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Romney gets confronted about his opposition to the Dream Act


By Andrew Jones/Raw Story

GOP presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney received a stern question from an unexpected source Tuesday evening.
While coming out of an event in New York City, Romney encountered an immigrant named Lucy who asked him about his stance on the DREAM Act.
“Are you going to support the DREAM Act?” she asked.
“I already said, across the country, I would veto the Dream Act,” Romney said.
“I’m undocumented,” Lucy replied. “I want to know then, why are you not supporting my dream?”
The former Massachusetts governor said, “Because if someone comes here illegally,” before Lucy cut him off.
“But I didn’t come here illegally,” she said. “And I have a 4.0 GPA.”
“That’s wonderful,” Romney answered back, before walking away.
Romney vowed a few weeks ago he would veto the DREAM act as president if the legislation made it to his desk. The DREAM Act would give undocumented immigrants a path to legal residency and citizenship by meeting certain guidelines, including showing proof they entered the country before age 16 or graduated from a U.S. high school.
WATCH: Video from Youtube, which was published on January 17, 2012.


No comments: